“We exist ‘To provide safe, quality support and housing that creates an environment which promotes recovery and enables individuals to thrive.”
Caraston Hall was originally set up in 1985 by Mr Tony Cox to provide accommodation and floating support for homeless people with mental illness, alcohol and substance misuse and learning difficulties. It is now one of the largest specialist mental health supported living providers in Devon. We provide 94 beds across 15 properties and have a workforce of over 60 staff.
The company is set up as two separate entities;
Caraston Hall Support Ltd, an independent company governed by a Board of Directors, provides the care and support to people with eligible social care needs. Funding for social care is from the Local Authority by either a personal budget or a direct payment. Accommodation is provided by Caraston Hall Housing which is a not for profit company providing the housing and intensive housing management.
We aim that:
- People using our services will experience safe, quality and recovery focused care that enables them to increase their independence and have more control in their lives.
- People using our services will be supported in crisis and experience safe strategies to manage risks associated with themselves and others.
- People using our services will be able to the support they need at the time they want.
- People using our services will have maximum opportunity to take part in activities that promote their skills and provide meaning to their lives.
- Caraston Hall will be a happy, safe and care place to live and work.